Friday 23 September 2016

Strava fever

Hi all,

A few weeks ago I made a decision. Not a big one, but one that helped my cycling immensely.

I used to record my every ride, every commute. But the constant disappointment of not getting a trophy for a top 3 ride when I thought I had done well started affecting how I was riding. I would push too hard. I wouldn't enjoy my ride, I just had to ride faster.

So I made the decision to stop recording everything. It's been a few weeks now and the pressure has been released. I can relax more. I can take my time. I don't look down at my garmin and push myself to get another km/h out of my legs, or try to get the average speed to click up a tenth.

That leads me onto today.

Haha!

So not having got any top 3 or PB's in a while on my commute, I thought I'd take my road bike, as normally I take my commuter Halfords Carrera Crossfire 1.

I feel like I cheated. There is no way my poor Carrera is going to match that. It's far too heavy. But it feels like I've cheated myself. Yes I did it, but it was cheeky.

Now I'm going to keep my Strava times for my adventures and big rides. Its just not worth the stress.

In the meantime, I'm going to celebrate my KOM and being disappointed I tried too hard on the Water Lane run so I was knackered for the sprint finish.


Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment